[Sca-cooks] ARRRRGH!

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 19:39:15 PST 2002

The problem was that I was so afraid I'd get grease spots on that silk tissue, that I didn't snack at all.  Took several breaks and went in the other room to have a glass of diet soda every now and then.  It doesn't help that I'm on the BRAT diet for intestinal distress (third time since my doctor took me off Prilosec a month ago.)  The dress is for Court Saturday night at the War Collegium, since I'm supposed to get my AoA scroll.  The court is being held during feast, so I'll probably drop something really ugly all down the front just before being called up.  Alternatively, since it's an outdoor event, I'll sit in mud or something...  I've still got to sew the sideless surcoat together, and trim it, and finish trimming the sleeves and neck of the kirtle.  Kirtle is light blue silk tissue.  Surcoat is cotton-linen blend in light and dark blue stripes.  Trim is wine and dark blue with gold accents.  I'm not a very good garb maker, but I've waited eight years for this, and I wanted something special.
Mordonna
 Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:>I hate hemming. I don't enjoy sewing, but hemming is my least favorite
>part of it. This dress has a hem that is 9 yards. That's 27 feet. That's
>324 inches. That's 1296 stitches, if I only did it once, but it's silk
>tissue, and I had to baste it three times to get it right, so I've done
>something on the order of 5,000 stitches. And now I get to sew on trim...
>I hate hemming...
>
>Mordonna

So Mordonna, what do you snack on whilst hemming? Is the dress for a fancy
shmanshy feast? What shall they serve? And what, pray tell, do you imagine
will be the very first food or drink to do the honor of landing first on
said gown?

Sorry...couldn't help myself.
Olwen who went to that tanning place tonight and loved it.

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt
mundanely Pat Griffin