[Sca-cooks] What do you think? OT

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Thu Dec 5 05:39:43 PST 2002

I like the name. I picked mine because I liked it and it was easy to
document and fit the time period with the garb I was most comfortable with.
Most of my friends away from work and my kids friends now know me as Cecily
even when we're not SCAing. But I've also developed this fascination with
all things viking- so I'm not sure if there will be an alternative persona
or a viking known as Cecily. Meanwhile, if you change your name in SCA, the
best results I have seen were when the person intensely uses there new name,
insists that everything be in the new name and abandons the old, or you end
up with two or more names: you know, Randy, yeah Randall Cook that used to
be Avraham, you know Doctor Randy...

Cecily- who almost forgets to sign mundane e-mail Patti Jo