[Sca-cooks] Commercial Kitchen

Liadan Liadan at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 9 07:04:10 PST 2002

I don't know why I didn't think of asking the list before now. Duh!
I've been approached by a friend who has asked me to partner with him in
a coffee shop, internet café-type place. Mick wants me to set up the
menu and draw up the kitchen. Trying to narrow down a menu has been
extremely difficult. I think I'd like to start out with a coffee bar
(espresso, latte, etc.) and desserts, muffins, breads and cinnamon
rolls. I'd make the baked goods myself.

I know for this I'd need an oven, not necessarily convection, at least a
burner or two for preparing cooked fillings, a marble pastry prep area
(lets have this chilled while we're dreaming), a refrigerator, mixer
etc. I'm supposed to show work flow.

Can anyone suggest a company(s) where I could get catalogs? Websites
showing commercial kitchen designs? Do you know of any books available
on this topic you would recommend? Does anyone know of a way I could set
this up to be off my feet, mostly?

Liadan