[Sca-cooks] Fw: Fw: [EK] Russian mushrooms

Tue Dec 10 10:27:37 PST 2002

Not necessarily true, especially "in period."  There is a lot more overlap
between the Germans and the Poles, especially in the north (Prussia),
including an immigration policy by the King of Poland to permit Germans to
settle in the uninhabited regions of northern Poland.

For example, bread trenchers were used in both Germany and Poland, but I
have yet to find information on bread trenchers in Russia.

Of course, the natural range of B. edulis might cover all three countries,
which would probably have them used in all three countries, whether or not
the recipes are there.

Bear