[Sca-cooks] Easy Italian Feast??

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 10 21:55:04 PST 2002

Mari asked:
> Hoping I can get a little help - one of my close friends and his wife have
> agreed to run the local Baronies Championship ship feast next march.
> Neither of them have ever held the position of Head Cook before but want to
> have the menu as "Late Italian - as period as we can get".
Well, I can't help you with specifics on particular foods or what

facilities it will take to cook them, but you might direct your friends
to the FEASTS section of the Florilegium, for a number of comments and
articles on planning a feast and things to be prepared for.
For the period Italian stuff, they might want to look at these
specific files:
In the FOOD-BOOKS section:

cb-rv-Platina-msg (21K)  2/21/01    Reviews of cookbooks having Platina recipes.

   (is this late enough?)
p-Italy-food-bib   (9K) 12/ 1/99    Bibliographies on period Italian food.
Platina-bib        (7K) 11/ 7/00    A bibliography on Bartolomeo Platina by
                                        Thomas Gloning.

In the FEASTS section:
15C-Italn-fst-art (24K) 10/24/02    Meridian Kingdom A&S Fair feast by Fra
                                        Niccolo Difrancesco. 15C Italian.
Platina-Feast-art (10K)  5/24/01    A feast from Platina by Lady Clotild.
Platina-Lunch-art  (8K)  5/24/01    An Italian lunch using recipes from Platina.

In the FOOD-BY-REGION section:

fd-Italy-msg      (16K)  1/24/02    Period Italian food. Cookbooks.

In the FOOD-MEATS section:

Ital-Stuffing-art (20K) 11/ 3/02    "Stuffing Recipes from 16th Century
Italian Cookbooks" by Lady Helewyse de Birkestad.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com