[Sca-cooks] Deaf, was Russian (was Re: Accidental french) - OT

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Dec 12 17:56:06 PST 2002

>when email first became available to me, i typed *just* like with a TTY
>(sorry a TDD) and no one understood me.

Interesting, TDD is more and more left aside for TTY, considering that the
device is NOT used only by folks who are Deaf, but also hard of hearing, or
who have speech impairments :-)  That's cutting edge Deaf advocacy as I
understand it anyway :-)

>GA to SK

I do that a lot when I do IM chat...  drives folks nuts at first, but darn,
it's at least obvious when you're done talking
sksk

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies