[Sca-cooks] OOP-Coke roast

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 14 11:51:43 PST 2002

 Aurore,
Just for giggles, try the "Coke Roast" recipe.  Reynolds Baking bag, turkey sized, brisket, onion soup mix, 12 oz can of coke. Prep baking bag with flour. Put in brisket, sprinkle with onion soup, pour coke over.  Seal bag, poke holes. Bake at 325 degrees until done. I like this done to bottom round roast, too. If I want barbecue, I shread or slice the roast and cover with barbecue sauce. The roast juices are great for straining (or not) for soup or gravy.  The roast is tender, not stringy. I've received so many compliments. AND I got the recipe from a non-cook. I just tried it to humor her.
Liadan, who is going to try the beer brisket you described.
 Aurore <Aurore at hot.rr.com> wrote:Yeah give it up. I just experiment with beer and brisket. Was threatening
husband with bodily harm cause he was eating straight off my first time
brisket. And so I don't tease. Whole bottle of liquid smoke, 5 bottles
Budweiser beers, pepper, garlic, salt, chopped carrots and celery and
onions, I think that was all of it. Marinate for day and half. Into oven
for 7 hours at 250, beer and all. I can still smell it in the house and we
ate some last night. Absolutely heaven. Aurore