[Sca-cooks] OOP-Coke roast

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 14 12:04:10 PST 2002

Sue, I'll have to try this, too.  Sounds like you can delete the "add barbecue sauce" step. I've used Dr. Pepper in place of Coke, but the results didn't taste much different to me. Also on the list is that garlic sauce.  Would it be too strong for roast chicken?Liadan
 Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:The version I use, uses a can of Dr. Pepper, a package of onion soup
mix, and one of those ketchup-sized bottles of "chili sauce." Gloop it
all together in your crock pot, and stir to mix. Watch that the pop
doesn't foam all over.
Then, into the crock pot goes your brisket or roast or whatever, making
sure some of the proto-sauce covers the top of the meat. Put the lid
on, turn it onto low, and when you get home from work that
day....mmmmm.....
It works really well with brisket, boneless pork ribs, pork roast, etc.
--Maire, who just might have to try that beer brisket, too, but after
the holidays are over with