[Sca-cooks] Fw: Response to Crusades and cannibalism

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 14 13:41:59 PST 2002

Brandu commented:
>>    I do have to ask though your
>>    intrest is in rudders right, not long pig cooking:)
>
> rutters (origin Dutch - evolved from the French "Routier" - "waybook" --
> a book of Sailing instructions and chart data, and observations )
Thank you for the clarification! I was having trouble figuring out

how they would write or carve on the ship's rudder. Perhaps this was
on a spare or one pulled out of service, although I didn't think that
was possible while under way. And it seemed awlfully difficult, and
rather a wet job to hang over the side and try to carve or mark on the
rudder.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com