[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP - To Serve Mankind

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Dec 15 01:50:28 PST 2002

At 10:12 PM 12/14/02 -0500, you wrote:
>BTW Randy we are about
>the same age.  I am about 6 months older.
>I think the only reason I remember the Moon Landing is because of the
>picture dad took of me laying in front of the TV on a blanket.  (My head
>is facing the screen so technically I did see it...LOL) But I don't
>remember the actual event.
>Nichola

I have a very clear memory of sitting on the living room floor in my
jammies, watching the moon landing, becasue my Dad said it was important to
watch. There was a hole in the toe of one of the jammie feet. I also sat in
front of that same tv, watching a Tom Jones special with my mom (she was a
Tom Jones fan), I watched Star Trek, and Laugh-In and Julia (with Diahnn
Carroll), and Perry Mason every morning. My mom worked for the Post Office
around that time, and she had a route for awhile in the neighborhood where
my daughter now lives.

When my kids were small we didn't have a tv (Annie was 14 before we had one
in the house) but we listened to NPR all the time, and she told me recently
that she listens to Morning Edition becuase it was what we listened to
getting ready for school when she was little, and it makes her feel at home
and a part of the adult world to listen to it in her tiny apartment at
college...

So interesting sometimes the little things that make up a generation, yes?

it is too late at night to be thinking such deep thoughts...
'Lainie