[Sca-cooks] American high school idiom for Buffy fans overseas (OT)

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Wed Dec 18 15:28:48 PST 2002

My daughter didn't understand my lack of enthusiasm about her becoming a
cheerleader, so I've tried to keep it to myself. So far the cons are: my
dishwasher is away at football and now basketball games and a few strains
and bruises while having other girls land on her while doing pyramids. The
pros are: getting my sixteen-year-old out of bed at 5:30 am for practice
(given the chance she'll sleep til 11am) and a much better posture than she
got even from the ROTC (junior American Marines). She's also bugging us for
that letterman's jacket (leather and wool, about $300) and she's a junior
(third year high school) and plays varsity golf. And she is a darned good
cook.

Cecily