[Sca-cooks] Torta de Cerase

Randall Cook of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Wed Dec 18 17:34:56 PST 2002

>>>Hmmm, I come from about as deep in the Heart of Dixie as you can get, and
we always had extra sharp cheese to go with the apple pie.  I didn't know
people ate ice cream on it until high school, when a teacher had to explain
"ala mode" to an increculous me.<<<

And remember that "boeuf a la mode" means beef braised in wine. Very
confusing to Americans who are not classically trained or insatiably curious
(I *KNEW* it didn't mean "beef with ice cream"!).

Randy

Randall Cook of Northpass (soon to be "of Sudentur")
     (formerly Avraham haRofeh)
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Coming soon: Netware for Nintendo

---