[Sca-cooks] Paganism was RE: A new twist!

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Dec 19 06:24:05 PST 2002

Grin - then take pity on me - as a pagan, i am NOT in the subset that is
practicing anything close to witchcraft ... but i still get lumped in with
them. Nothing like trying to explain that I am *not* a witch, I am pagan ...
and that the closes I come to witchcraft is saying prayers that are
equivalent to them saying their prayers ...

Although sitting down with an OED and convincing them that christians
practice witchcraft [prayers=spells]living in the land of Pat Robertson was
fun ... ;-) and drawing direct correlations between christian ceremonies and
pagan ceremonies is eye-opening as well ...

margali

the quote starte here:
I would agree.  There were a wide variety of "original" pagan religions.
Among modern pagans there are varying levels of trying to work with those
original forms, including those that are trying to recreate religions based
on the available documents.   The problem is that because Wicca is the best
known, it is what many people think of automatically when someone says
pagan.
 It can make things interesting for the rest of us, and the reason some
people following older religions don't like to use pagan at all.

Noemi

Marilyn Traber
State Farm
Emergency Services Provision, New London
Phone: 203-699-7117
Fax:	 203-699-7105