[Sca-cooks] OT - cat antics

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Dec 24 05:06:04 PST 2002

We've only got one, an all-black named Dubh (which thoroughly confuses the
vets, even though they have the pronunciation written down on the folder).
Dubh has an unerring eye for good fabric.  She loves to lay on wool or linen,
and has deliberately grown a few long white hairs so that she can drop them
on dark-colored fabrics.  We can leave a spool of polycotton thread in her
reach for weeks and the most she will do is test gravity with it, but leave a
spool of linen where she can dig it out and it will be cats-cradled all over
the house in no time.  She has also been known to help my husband cut fabric
by laying on it, facing him, with her front paws on either side of the
cutting line to hold the fabric down, then slowly backing up as the scissors
approach her nose.
She loves all things seafood - tuna, crab or krab, shrimp, scallops, etc;
also cajun catfish.  She's also a confirmed roast chicken fanatic, and will
generally eat most meats if we give her a taste, although her early fondness
for all things sausage-y seems to be going away.  She also loves peach
yogurt, and cottage cheese.  Hot wings are also a fondness.

Brangwayna