[Sca-cooks] cooking geese

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Dec 24 16:54:04 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Phlip wrote:
> >  Warning- if you get a wild duck or goose that has been eating fish, the
> >  fats will taste fishy. Stick to domestic poultry until you know more
> >  about dealing with game.
>
> Depends on what those domestic fowl have been eating... In Indonesia,
> fowl of all sorts, except pets, wander around eating whatever. I
> bought some duck eggs without realizing what i was getting and they
> sure were fishy - and they were "domestic" - they know where home is
> at night, no matter where they've been wandering during the day.
>
> Anahita

Well, since most of our List members tend to live where the choice is
between game birds, and commercially raised and farmed domestic birds, I
felt the differentiation was between commercially raised domestic, and wild
birds. Certainly, however, any of the List members who happen to live in
Indonesia, or other places where "free range" means perhaps a bit freer than
our tastes normally prefer, should be aware that the taste of an animal
tends to reflect its diet.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,