[Sca-cooks] Fw: ***A Message From Bish. I'm O.K.

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Thu Dec 26 10:28:40 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/26/02 1:07:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
goldberg at bestweb.net writes:

> > This is Bishop Geoffrey D'Ayr, right?  I've only met him about once and
> that
> > was
> > long ago, about 1989.  Good to hear he's OK.  He would not remember me,
> but
> > Health, Joy, Love and Peace to all here in this [virtual] place!
>
> This is NOT Bishop Geoffrey. This is Bishop Greco de Edessa.
>
> Avraham

The Bluefeather list has had an....interesting...discussion upon this person.
I personally don't know either of the "Bish"'s so I can't comment.

Question:I thought in the SCA you couldn't play anyone from the Church since
the Church was so powerful that playing a Bishop or a Cardinal could give you
a lot of power with the crowns. And how did these two men (Greco and
Geoffrey) get the title of Bishop? From what i've heard, it seems like a VERY
high honorary title.

Misha

P.S.-I'm glad Avraham is back. Randy seemed....weird.....:) If I do get in
depth into cooking within the SCA, I could use Cook on the last part of my
name, maybe as Friar Lawrence Cook or Friar Lawrence the Cook. Which one is
more period?

Misha

Chomping on some buffalo wings (Period anyone? <-Food content)