[Sca-cooks] Agincourt (was apple pie seasoning)

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Sat Dec 28 08:02:03 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/28/02 7:53:27 AM, goldberg at bestweb.net writes:

<< As one of the help, I think it went quite well. No blow-up, one VERY minor

goof at service (the venison pastries went out as 2nd course instead of

first, so we shifted the Pies of Parys to 3rd course, and no one ever knew

the difference). The reviews from the dining hall were raves, and His

Majesty enjoyed it so much, he ate himself full, which takes some doing, as

I'm sure you know. :-) Andreas can put it away.

As one of the diners...... The food was kickass!!

The venison pie was most excellent. Sir Conrad at our table was begging us
not to finish it, so he could have the leftovers.

The fish pudding was...very good!! My whole table ate it. The idea of fish
pudding was briefly looked upon as a problem with my tablemates, but a push
from me"Hey, Brekke's headcook..I'm sure it will be good". Proved to be
right, they ate it all!

The savory toasted cheese was scarfed up and they told me the Tallis was also
very good. They ate my portion as I am allergic to almonds. I like the Drawen
beans (but I really like beans), some of my tablemates did not.

I don't do Brussel Sprouts, but those at my table who do  really liked the
"small caboges".

I kinda liked the Cheesecake, except I think somebody mixed the sugar and
salt in ours because it was not sweet at all, but very salty......It's okay
though, because by this time I had inhaled just about everything else.

I really liked the Pullus Assuus (Chicken with cinnamon, rose water, and
orange juice) and the pies of Paris were equally as good.

I have to be honest though. The third course was missed by most of us (except
the Fylettes in Galentyne) because we ate way too much from the first and
second courses!!

As always, fine food, great event, happy people.

Andrea
proud Ostgardrian