[Sca-cooks] Chaste and Celibate

Rovena rovena at softdisk.com
Sat Dec 28 10:30:13 PST 2002

According to my Webster New World Dictionary:

chaste - not indulging in unlawful sexual activity; virtous; not
indecent; modest; restrained and simple in style

celibate - unmarried; single; bound by a vow to remain unmarried.

Technically neither forbid sex.   A chaste woman could be sexually
active if she were legally married so long as her behavior was modest,
restrained, and involved only her husband.

Rovena