[Sca-cooks] Christmas Dinner?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Dec 28 15:21:57 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/24/2002 6:47:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
countgunthar at hotmail.com writes:

> What are y'all fixin' or doing on Christmas Day?

Visting my parents; my mother has just come home from having her knee
replaced and is doing very well, but not really up to cooking much.  So my
brother, sister-in-law, and I did most of the cooking.

I finally learned how to make creamed dried beef; it's our traditional
Christmas morning breakfast.  We also made baked ham (and I learned how to do
my mom's pineapple glaze for it),  macaroni and cheese (for which my youngest
niece, age 2, had to have a seperate dish made with Velveeta - shudder),
steamed broccoli, rolls, and my brother's pecan pie for dessert.  And
Christmas cookies, of course.

My aforementioned youngest niece seems to be temperamentally a vegetarian.
At this time she refuses to eat any meat with the exception of bacon :-) Oh,
and processed chicken nuggets - you know, the ones made from what might as
well be chicken roll?  That, macaroni, ravioli, and tortolini without sauce,
and goldfish crackers are pretty much what she eats right now.

Brangwayna Morgan