[Sca-cooks] Ma'amul molds

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 31 17:04:59 PST 2002

Mirhaxa, in the Outlands asked:
> Did anyone ever locate a source for ma'amul molds? Someone brought some to
> the desert competition at our Midwinter and they were wonderful! I want to
> try my hand at them now. A variety of Google searches netted only one mold
> for sale, though many recipes, and mention (from the cooks list!) that the
> mold is called tabi (see innumerable references to Japanese socks).

I don't remember any sources being mentioned previously. The original thread

started up because someone had bought one of these molds and was wondering
what it was for.

There are several recipes and some more information in this file in the

FOOD-SWEETS section, just in case you might be interested:
mamouls-msg       (20K)  1/ 9/02    A Middle Eastern date/nut/dried fruit filled
                                       cookie embossed with patterns.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/mamouls-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com