[Sca-cooks] temperature of served period food

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 12 23:00:22 PST 2002

Elric commented (tongue in cheek) about the effects of not having
Royalty around:
> And lastly this concept is highly supported by those who are feastcrats,
> imagine a feast starting on time, no need to wait for the Royals to finally
> show up:) and a populace who gets to try period dishes hot instead of cold:)
> Why this is the main reason many Scadians think period food was always
> served cold :)

However, we have discussed just how hot much period food was, at
least that served in Great Halls. By the time you bring it in from
an outside kitchen, up one or more stairs, just how hot would it
still be? I'm not sure we ever came to a conclusive answer.

Even if you didn't have Royalty, you would still often have Barons and
Baronesses etc. So I'm not sure the lack of a King around effects
things that much.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net