[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP:dog food

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Mon Feb 4 13:56:54 PST 2002

I've read lots of different ways of packing the food to make serving
easy.  All of them boil down to freezing it in individual servings so
they only need to be thawed and dumped into a bowl.  Yogurt cups,
baggies, individual rubbermaid bowls.  Personally, I cook the food I
make Cooper, because he's allergic to beef and won't eat raw chicken
parts or any bones (go figure.  Wierd, picky dog.)  So, I feed him
ground turkey and lamb, neither of which, even from a local butcher, I
really trust to serve raw.  So, I find packing his food for travel or
overnight stays to be easy - I just portion it into baggies, and
refrigerate it.  Maddalena, perhaps you might consider cooked homemade
food for those occasional trips?  My dog food is basically whole wheat
pasta, browned meat and steamed veggies.  Pretty easy stuff.

-Magdalena (boy, this name thing is going to get confusing ;)