[Sca-cooks] For those new to cooking

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Feb 7 09:09:18 PST 2002

>One of the mysteries new cooks
>have to deal with are how foods work- once you start
>to figure that out, cooking becomes considerably
>easier.

I couldn't agree more.  One of the most interesting classes I took when in
cooking school was chemistry of cooking.  Real cool stuff all that :-)

>Some of the TV cooks are helpful, too. When Alton
>Brown does a show

Alton Brown is probably the most accurate and bestest guy on tv that I know
of right now.  He's a riot to boot :-)

>thoroughly enjoy Emeril LaGasse

Phlip, my condoleances...  Ya must be outta yer mind! :-)

His older shows were much better.  Now, it's all flash.  And I find that a
fair bit of the information he gives his not quite "it".  He does use bell
peppers way too much.  And he seems to put too much garlic in all his
dishes, whether it is appropriate or not (don't get me wrong, I love
garlic, but in moderation).

But that's one of the fun things of this list, we *can* disagree and still
be friends...  :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom