[Sca-cooks] tv slingers of hash

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Feb 7 12:57:50 PST 2002

i rather like watching justin wilson when i can catch reruns...got to love
his approach to cooking, a shot of wine for the pot, a shot of wine for the
cook....

I don't like the frugal gourmet, his researchers are for geschtunk. I came
up with 22 separate fubars from his 3 ancient cuisines cookbook using just
what i had on hand for reference books [including accessing the encyclopedia
brittanica, surely one of the most commonly available resources for even
high school students!!!] Just for giggles I mailed it to him with a
suggestion he should hire a competent researcher.

there is one italian slinger, iirc he is in canada, and all of his meals are
about the same, he boils a huge pot of some shape of pasta, he chops a bunch
of varying veggies up, sautes them in a pan and dumps them on the pasta, he
sautes or steams up another bunch of veggies, or chops them and dresses them
as a salad, and about half the time he has some sort of simple dessert. very
boring. he had been on tv for at least 2 years worth of episodes.

I do like martin yan, although his shows are either very good or not worth
watching. i love the way he imports pro chefs from china to do their stuff.
fascinating show on dim sum i cought last weekend was really worth watching!
margali

the quote starts here:
I have nothing personal against Mario- he seems to be
very knowledgeable. I just happen to have trouble
taking him seriously because he reminds me of nothing
so much as a chipmunk, and watching a chipmunk cook
Italian food is.....interesting ;-)

Phlip