[Sca-cooks] greetings from NY

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Feb 8 22:02:10 PST 2002

Sionnan said:
> Hi there from Barony of Concordia of the Snows!!! Duanesburg NY.  I am new to the list as i just found you guys yesterday when i was looking some things up.  I am looking for a good Pizzelle recipe as i lost mine and am planning on making these as part of a desert for an event here. <

Welcome to SCA-Cooks!

Try this file in the FOOD-BREADS section of the Florilegium:
wafers-msg        (72K)  3/30/01    Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.

There are both period recipes and redactions of them in this file.

I have made "snow" to go with wafers and that went over well, even
though mine didn't get as fluffy as they should have. I probably
contaminated the egg whites with yolks and maybe other problems. Some
of this is detailed in this file as well as the recipe for "snow".

How did you hear about this list? On a webpage somewhere?

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net