[Sca-cooks] Weather

John Husvar jhusvar at neo.rr.com
Sat Feb 9 07:43:37 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philippa Alderton" <phlip_u at yahoo.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Weather

<SNIP>

> And there are a few on this List who have seen me do
> it ;-)

She's not kidding. Woman seems comfortable in heat most salamanders
would avoid.:)

> Unfortunately, Duke Andrew, who helped me get some
> pre-Pennsic jobs done over a hot forge in similar
> conditions is no longer with us, but I'm sure a couple
> here on the List saw what I got done. How hot does a
> forge get, Johan?

Mine reaches 1700-1750 turned down for baked hams. :)

Usually about 1900-2100, (I've run it higher for welding)but it's very
localized if your shop is set up well. My shop _has_ reached 120F at
rare times when I had poor ventilation. I can usually tell when it's too
hot by how my MS acts. (If I have to crawl out the door, it's too hot.:)