[Sca-cooks] Eastern European History Cooking with Bonzer. . .

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Feb 10 06:19:16 PST 2002

>--
>In a message dated 2/9/2002 4:49:37 PM Mountain Standard Time,
>t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net writes:
>

>>  Transylvania and Wallachia were part of the area which came under Magyar
>>  influence during the early Middle Ages.  Wallachia became an independent
>>  principality late in the 13th Century.
>
>I've gone back through all of the books I have on Transylvania and none of
>the ones I have, even ones that are the most rabidly Hungarian or Romanain
>nationalist, say that Wallachia was ever part of Hungary.
>
>Where are you finding that information?

I can't answer this specific question, since it's not addressed to me
and I don't have the info anyway, but FWIW, doesn't Marx Rumpolt
(whom Paul Kovi claims identifies himself in the intro to his
[Rumpolt's] book as Wallachian), give a number of allegedly Hungarian
recipes which are actually from Rumpolt's homeland? In other words, I
get the impression that Rumpolt thinks that Wallachia is part of
Hungary as of 1581 or so...

Does anyone have access to these Ungarische recipes? I don't recall
seeing them in the parts of Rumpolt's stuff online...

Adamantius