[Sca-cooks] FREEZING WINE......

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Feb 10 19:08:25 PST 2002

>>What he had done was freeze distillation, a process whereby you freeze the >
>alcoholic beverage, and separate the solids from the liquids,

I rather assumed that some sort of separation would take place and I guessed
that that would be a bad idea.

> >>but unfortunately it is just as unlawful as doing the sour mash thing with
> the
> >>boiler and the copper pipe.

But I never equated the two ( distilling moonshine and freezing ice cube
portions of wine.......

>>> Alcohol doesn't freeze, cuz, at any temperatures you're likely to get it
> your >>home freezer,

Phlip.... my jr high science course.... it's coming back to me now  <intro
Twilight Zone music>  OK, I *knew* there was something stupid about this
tip.... I just couldn't put my finger on it..... thanks for the reminder.
Phillipa