[Sca-cooks] FREEZING WINE......

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Sun Feb 10 20:33:40 PST 2002

> > your >>home freezer,
>
> Phlip.... my jr high science course.... it's coming back to me now  <intro
> Twilight Zone music>  OK, I *knew* there was something stupid about this
> tip.... I just couldn't put my finger on it..... thanks for the reminder.
> Phillipa

As someone else pointed out - this is true for a 40% alcohol solution (i.e.
vodka), but not for the 10-12% solution you find in your typical wine. Wine
will freeze very nicely at the temperatures obtained by a home freezer. I
would suggest, however, that you remove the cubes to a Ziploc bag, then put
that into ANOTHER Ziploc, to prevent the frozen wine from accumlating
freezer odors.

Avraham