[Sca-cooks] OT- Input request from SCA BoD/politics

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Tue Feb 12 06:29:32 PST 2002

I fear I must agree with you.  I know a number of folk who are either in
college or enlisted personnel in the armed services or, like me, long-term
unemployed and cannot afford to purchase a membership.  I am lucky in that I
have a lord who is working and helps pay my expenses.  However, many of
these folk are not.  They come to events and contribute in any way that they
can...helping to set up, cooking, whatever.  Often they contribute more of
their time and energy than those who can afford to pay...please note:  I
said OFTEN...before someone gets upset.  Yes, I suspect that there are a
number who would rather go purchase that wonderful length of linen or that
really cool set of gauntlets than pay for the cost of a membership.  But
there are also those who can't afford to do either.  I sincerely hope that
the SCA never goes to "pay for play" because it would keep a number of
really wonderful people away.

Kiri