[Sca-cooks] was temperature of food now what to do with royalty

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 13 11:24:34 PST 2002

I had this sort of thing happen at one of my feasts, there was a bunch of
miscommunication and I was not informed that the Royalty would be late
because of a chivalry meeting.

I waited 15 minutes after the time they said they would be in, which was
already late, and told the servers to start serving the food and I would
explain to the King and Queen why I served without them.  I intended to  do
that, to explain in a polite way that I am sorry we did not wait for them,
but I wanted the feast to be served while it was hot so the populace could
enjoy it.

Luckily they walked while the servers were taking out the bread and butter
and salad.  I talked to the queen later, I didn't know her really well but
had talked to her ocassionally before she became queen.

She said they wouldn't have been upset, which I know some royalty might
have been.  I feel that serving the food while it is hot overrides the
royalties importance, or perceived importance.

Hey, I guess you can tell I am not a Royalist.

	Angeline