[Sca-cooks] Adamantius' deification

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 13 22:40:55 PST 2002

Adamantius replied to me with:
> >  > Certainly my own experience is that a lot more people (but not all)
> >>  are doing work in cookery as a matter of course that equals or
> >>  exceeds the best achievements of Laurels for cookery even five years
> >>  ago (jeez, I've been a Laurel for going on five years, and I was on
> >>  this list well before that).
> >
> >Interesting, considering since this list first formed in April 1997,
> >it is not quite five years old. :-)
>
> You've mentioned this before, but I think you may be mistaken about
> the starting date. I recall joining it  on the day Gunthar dropped a
> line about it to the East Kingdom list, and I seem to recall that was
> in March of 96. I could be wrong, though, but I also don't remember
> you from that far back, so either the list is older than you think,
> or perhaps I just don't remember you because I didn't know who you
> were at the time.

I remember Gunthar mentioning this new list he had started having
to do with cooking in the SCA. I think it took me a day or two to
finally get around to signing up. Much of the first week or two
was spent with introductions, although I seem to remember a
conversation on how to cook a large pot of rice/frumenty without
burning it.

I checked some of the introductions I saved at work and they were
early April, 1997. Within a week of joining this list, I decided
that individual messages weren't going to cut it, and switched
to the digest.

The following is the oldest message from this list that I saved
in my SCA-Cooks area here at home.

Hey, Gunthar, since you founded this list, when do you remember or
have records for it being formed?

I thought I'd check the archives and see what the oldest one was.
However, they seem to only cover the period since SCA-Cooks
switched over to the new mail program.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net