[Sca-cooks] Re: Fennel

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 15 21:22:02 PST 2002

Did you use the bulb or the feathery greens of the fennel for the sauce.  I would think the greens/herby part.

I missed the post asking about Fennel, so I hope my suggestion to try the Fennel and Leeks recipe in the Medieval Kitchen is on target.  Fennel, leeks, pork fat and saffron . . . . hmmmmm.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> There is a simple sauce recipe in the "Cuoco Napoletano" that uses fennel asan ingredient.  I did a redaction for a University class I taught on Sauces.
People liked it well enough that it was one of the three sauces I sent to
feed the 600 folks at Atlantian 20 Year.

119. Verjuice With Garlic

Get a little garlic, fresh fennel and basil, grind this with a little pepper
and distemper it with good verjuice.

John le Burguillun