[Sca-cooks] Welcome, Lady Giovanna

Andrea Gideon andrea at gideonfamily.org
Tue Feb 19 03:46:49 PST 2002

> How about telling us a bit more about yourself

Hi, all!  I'm lady Giovanna Mancuso, from the Shire of Roxbury Mill in Atlantia.

> , Do you cook mostly for yourself or small groups or
> are you the sort to take on cooking a hundred people at a time?

I generally cook for just my family and occasionally small groups.  We usually bring period foods to events, but I haven't cooked any large feasts.  The main reason for joining the list is because we've recently had our first camp planning meeting for Pennsic.  We've decided to change our meal plan.
Now, each couple will be responsible for at least one meal.  I have never cooked for 20, nor have I cooked over a fire.  In addition to these challenges, our group has several dietary restrictions, including mine (gluten), allergy to onions, and a few observant muslims, meaning no pork or alcohol.  I
would really like to stay period, as most of the other cooks are planning meals like chilli or stir fry, ect.
Giovanna