[Sca-cooks] guess the mistake, was RE: Chocolate chip cookies

letrada at yahoo.com letrada at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 17:22:00 PST 2002

OK, since I'm at home right next to a brown-and-yellow package of the sort I mentioned (Nestle, BTW, and I'm right next to it because most of my kitchen is in the living room during what I hopewill be improvements), here are the ingredients I thought I had put in (assuming the recipe is the same today as it was in the '70s):
2.25 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup margarine (recipe says butter, Mom said use margarine; Mom won)
.75 cup sugar
.75 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
chocolate chips and possibly nuts.

All this talk of leavening has me thinking, though; would letting it sit too long produce the described effect?  I made a rhubarb cake brick once by doing that.

Dana/Ximena
not a natural in matters culinary...

P.S. I see nothing wrong with cookies for breakfast.  There's all kinds of wheat in there, and eggs as well. dh

-------
FROM   : johnna holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
...Corriher's volume Cookwise gives 2 recipes for chocolate chip cookies that call for baking powder and not baking soda.
Johnna Holloway  Johnnae