[Sca-cooks] from Purgatory again-RE 'How to Assess Advice'

Cindy crma at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 19 22:51:38 PST 2002

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> The trick is- Be pleasant. Be polite. Be receptive, even if you think
> you are hearing utter baloney. And the nod politely and say "How
> interesting! I hadn't heard that. I have been doing quite a bit of
> research though, and have found X, Y, and Z! Would you care to see the
> work I've done?"
>
> 90% of the blowhards don't care about your work. They just want to tell
> someone that They Know Better. The other 10% might actually be impressed
> by what you're doing. If not- oh well. Do it anyway.

Thanks for all the advice!  I've got a lot of websites to look at!

At our first feast someone brought potato salad!  I was really stunned
to see such a food there.  We took cheesecakse.  It was from a modern
recipe but since I was sewing until the minute we left that was all
we had time for (I had garb for 5 to make - my husband actually made
the cheesecake.)  Now we'd like to see period recipes for that and
other dishes we can share.

--

Adelheid Wolfensberger (mka Cindy Ferguson)
crma at ix.netcom.com