[Sca-cooks] Korean food (Was: HOW YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN ...)

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu Feb 21 07:19:52 PST 2002

    During the Great Migration across the American prairies, it was common
to take along dogs as fat sources. Lard was highly perishable, and most of
the game animals they hunted had comparatively little fat on them. Puppies,
OTOH, were nice & fat & tender, and could be produced and consumed along the
trip.
    The dogs had access to lots of cleaned carcasses and offal, so food
wasn't a problem for adult dogs, and they were valuable as sentinels,
guards, herders, and nice, fat puppy producers. So if any of your ancestors
migrated west, there's a really strong chance there's puppy munchers in the
woodpile . . .

    Sieggy