[Sca-cooks] Andouille Sausage?

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Feb 21 10:01:06 PST 2002

Maggie MacD. asked:
> While reading through lots of fantastic online resources in preparation for
> an al fresco banquet that I'll be doing in June, I found a reference to
> andouille sausage in "Du Fait de Cuisine".

What is an "al fresco banquet"? I assume it is not one where the only
beverage served is a grapefruit based fizzy one....

> I am curious, how would an andouille sausage of that period been spiced?

This may depend upon what you mean by "andouille" sausage. The
particular
spices and ingredients? The name itself?

> I've already played with bratwurst recipes, the one Sabine Welserin wrote
> was received with great gusto by my guinea pigs already.  The spicing
> difference between it and the modern version of the recipe was very marked.

Because different spices were used? Or the quantities used?

Well, the following is from my sausages-msg file.

Stefan li Rous