[Sca-cooks] HALP! Need articles!!!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Feb 21 22:03:38 PST 2002

Arte asked:
> Our chronicler over in our little Barony of Altavia is DESPERATELY looking
> for articles on ANYTHING to print.  Would any of you giving, smart, creative
> people out there might have a few recipes, poems, puzzels, art, cooking
> articles or really ANYTHING that you could share with us?  We can send you a
> free copy of the newsletter you are printed in if you do have something!
> Wow!

Sigh. Nobody pays attention any more. All that hard work, by a variety of
people, just simply ignored. Ooddles and ooddles of articles on a wide
variety of subjects and just sitting there for the downloading. And you've
forgotten... :-)

There are even one or two of your articles in there, Arte.

Yes, I'm talking about the Florilegium. A large number of these
articles were originally written for local newsletters, so they should
be of an appropriate size for yours. While the copyright is still
owned by the author, most have an explicit release attached to them,
allowing them to be reprinted in an SCA publication, simply by
crediting the author and send them a copy of the newsletter.

Look for files with a "-art" ending. They are not collected in one
area but rather are scattered throughout the various sections.

> Please email me anything you have (attachments are preferred) privately.
> Her email is down and I'm giving her a helpful hand.

Of course, you might also consider sending a copy of any such articles
to Stefan for the Florilegium...

> P.S.  We don't care if its been printed in other publications either, so
> send it on in!

Nor do I, provided you still own the copyright. If I'm given the
information, it is also a standard policy of mine to print the
name and issue of the other publication it was first published in
at the top of the article.

Stefan
(Who obviously must just be too quiet, too much of a lurker...)
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net