[Sca-cooks] Re: rice with orange juice, was Lemonwhyt?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Feb 22 12:34:57 PST 2002

Chip wrote:

> And speaking of orange -- did I dream the Omelette for Harlots &
> Ruffians?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Basically scrambled egg
> with orange juice.  Seemed there was some question as to the egg
> setting properly & that it might make good custardy tartlets.

It's in:

_The Medieval Kitchen_
                      Recipes from France and Italy
                      by Odile Redon, Françoise Sabban, & Silvano
Serventi

                      Translated by Edward Schneider
                      Published by the University of Chicago Press

Blue cover with a feast scene on it. Regina's copy was on my bed (yes, I
sleep with books when my sweetie isn't around. And my laundry. Comfier
that way) because I was reading it and my copy is on a shelf about 200
miles away. Be there later tonight though!

'Lainie the Traveller