[Sca-cooks] Maybe its just me?

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 07:22:56 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/23/2002 11:33:35 PM Mountain Standard Time,
vladimir_armbruster02 at hotmail.com writes:

> Maybe its just me, but I really can't stand it when folks play modern music
> at an event, feast or no.. <Ok, *SOME* modern music is OK, like Loreena
> McKennit, etc, things that can PASS for period style music, or some
> facsimile thereof>

Well just speaking for myself, the music I listed I only listen to when I'm
pre-cooking for a feast at home or doing my own cooking. (I did a lot of
pickling this summer and I was alternating between listening to Three Doors
Down and some of my folk music.  It kept me inspired enough to do around 40
quarts of dill pickles.)  I never listen to music at an event when I'm
cooking.  Mostly its because I know my taste in music is a bit odd and I
don't see any reason to inflict it on others and I also realize that it can
be a distraction to some people.   Its easier and more practical to go
without.

Noemi