[Sca-cooks] Myrrh uses?

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Feb 25 10:56:15 PST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Margaret said:
> > About a month ago, I was rummaging in the overfull spice cabinet for
> > something when one of my spice jars attempted suicide. The glass did not
> > break, but the stopper came out, and scattered bits of myrrh in various
> > sizes all over the stove, the counter, and the floor. I rescued all that I
> > could, but the stove still has teeny crumbs caught under the top that I
> > haven't had time to clean out yet. So whenever I use the front two burners
> > my kitchen is perfumed with myrrh.
>
> I bought some myrrh from the Pepperer's Guild this last Pennsic but I
> haven't used any of it yet. Can anyone suggest some good recipes to try
> it out in or other things to do with it?
>
> Of course, I may just use Margaret's suggestion and burn some of
> it. But I think I'll use and incense burner or some such rather
> than the stove burners. :-)
> --

Funny, I bought mine from the Pepperer's Guild this last Pennsic,

It's used in Arabic cookery and as an incense or perfume, accidental or
otherwise. I think you just need to get it very warm, though, rather than
actually burning it, to have it release scent. Certainly the stuff in the
stove isn't actually burning.

Margaret