[Sca-cooks] Food Myths

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Mon Feb 25 14:56:42 PST 2002

Please forgive me if this doesn't make sense, I'm REALLY tired right now
and my brain isn't firing on all cyllinders right now.

I seem to recall a while back people were discussing some of their
favorite food myths regarding period food, and de-bunking them.  I tried
to look in the archives, but I can't remember when that discussion took
place and the archives are GIANORMOUS!  If anyone either has an idea of
the dates for me to track down the archived discussion, or would like to
post their personal favorites (e.g. meats were heavilly spiced to cover
up the flavour of rotting meat), I would appreciate it.  Heck, you can
even e-mail me privately if you like.

The reason I ask is that we've been asked to do a medieval cooking
segment on a local morning show, and thought that would be a good topic
to touch on.  For that matter, does anyone have any ideas as to what
would be a good recipe that lends itself to being filmed in 15 minute
segments?
I'm thinking a sotlety would be cool, but then I'm partial to
sotleties.  Perhaps humoral theory?

Any ideas?
Faerisa the sleepy