[Sca-cooks] Food Myths

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 15:42:03 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/25/2002 6:13:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rdownie at icenter.net writes:

> The reason I ask is that we've been asked to do a medieval cooking
> segment on a local morning show, and thought that would be a good topic
> to touch on.  For that matter, does anyone have any ideas as to what
> would be a good recipe that lends itself to being filmed in 15 minute
> segments?

Hmm.  I usually do the spices to cover rotten meat one, pointing out that
there were laws against selling rotten meat, and inspectors, as far back as
the 13th century at least; also "the rich didn't eat vegetables/the poor
never ate meat" one.
As far as a good recipe, try something relatively familiar, like a fruit pie.
 My first thought was Drye Stewe for Beef; it's basically a potroast...And
it's been a hit whenever I've served it to mundanes.  It's also good cold.

A Drye Stewe for Beeff