[Sca-cooks] something easy & redacted?

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 17:52:36 PST 2002

Hi all,

I'm looking for help again.  On another list, I've offered
a recipe or two to a Mexican teacher who is the driving
force behind a medieval school festival, at the jr.
high/high school level.  Anybody have any favorites
suitable for kids of this approximate age to play with?  I
suspect things from hispanic sources would be most popular
but am willing to translate and pass on anything you'd like
to send.  I picture it as going something like "here's the
original, here's how someone interpreted it, make your own
decisions and go for it" and that's what I'll suggest, but
of course they'll do whatever fits with the curriculum.  If
you send something please let me know any constraints on it
and if/how you'd like credit for it (if you don't say, I'll
assume it's OK to pass it on and use it in class handouts
and such).

Anyway, my first thought was the Zanahoria Rallada (from De
Nola?) recipe, which I have somewhere.  Lady Brighid, was
that yours?  Whoever it was, is it OK if I share the
redaction for this?  If you have it right at hand in
electronic format could I get another copy to save having
to dig for and retype it? (but if it's more than
copy-paste-send, never mind; I can sometimes do my own
typing... :)

Hey, look, I'm completely on-topic -- I think that's a
first for me!

Thanks.

Dana/Ximena

=====
Position available for sig. line.  Must be team player;
B.A. & 1 year experience preferred.  Temporary; may include
evening and weekend hours.  Please send resume and three
references to letrada at yahoo.com.