[Sca-cooks] Heralds

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at mind.net
Wed Feb 27 00:38:01 PST 2002

Philippa Alderton wrote:

> See, the thing is, Heralds try to be helpful, but they
> tend to want to be too helpful. As an example, if I
> were to ask most of them, "What does enfimbrilated
> mean?" Instead of a short answer, I seem to get
> answers which include the history of the term, and
> alternative spellings, descriptions of graphic
> representations of flames going back to Ancient Egypt,
> various European Houses which used it in their arms,
> the particular preferences of the Herald speaking
> regarding either, in their opinion, the excessive
> liberality, or the excessive conservativism, of the
> SCA default, and at the end of an hour I so,,

I got much the same when I asked my mother what a basting stitch was.
She answered it in ten seconds. Then it turned into an hour long sewing
class......

> How many Heralds does it take to change a lightbulb?
> None- Heralds don't do metal on metal.....

Heralds don't change things. They just difference them.

Edouard

At one time Briaroak PE, Summits Pursuivant, Glyn Dwfn PE, and then
Summits Herald. Even herald to a Slug Queen.....(I've still got the
tabard to prove it)