[Sca-cooks] Sources of Protein

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Feb 28 16:14:34 PST 2002

> How about mini bagels or oatcakes?
> According to The Vegetarian Resource Group (a website that has
> received Tufts University's highest rating, so I am confident
> with their findings)-
> 1 medium bagel has 9 grams of protein
> 1 cup of oatmeal has 6 grams of protein

Hm. Well, It's a good suggestion but I'm not sure how it will sell-- we're
up against the jock mentality of low carb hi protein when exercising-- but
I would be willing to try the idea of the oatcakes. Where can I buy
oatcakes? Do you know of any brands?

[We do provide bread, bread with cheese and garlic etc on top, and cheese
bread, all bought pre-made. 700-800 people on site, a week before pennsic,
limits the amount of  cooking i'm willing to do for this event.]

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa