[Sca-cooks] Specific recipe questions for bid

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Jan 1 06:11:13 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/31/2001 8:12:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> From what we discussed here previously, yes it means grease. I think you
> might find some similar recipes redacted in the vegetables-msg file in
> the Florilegium.

Oh, I understood the "grease" part - that was never in question.  What I need
to know is are we talking what we commonly call herbs, such as dill,
rosemary, thyme, parsley, etc (and which ones people recommend) or potherbs
or greens like spinach or turnip greens, which I have also seen referred to
as "herbs" in recipes (albeit later period ones, mostly)?

Brangwayna