[Sca-cooks] Medieval Moderne

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 16:43:17 PST 2002

So, i'm twisted, what can i say...

  I was surfing the web, looking for lebkuchen recipes (all modern)
and a thought came to me...

Not at all period, but using two period recipes...

One could make a Torta Bianca by pressing a "period" gingerbread
recipe into the bottom of a springform pan, the way one modernly
presses in that graham cracker-butter-spice mix, then pour in the
Torta Bianca filling (using less ginger than usual) and bake.

I know, i know, not medieval, but see what you can do with an
overactive imagination...
or as a way to introduce Medieval food to modern holiday tables...

Anahita