[Sca-cooks] Note taking

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 10:56:11 PST 2002

My previous question reminds me of another. What do people like to use
to take notes? What do you find works best for experimentation? (OK, I
know I'll get a dozen answers, I want to hear them all.)

Loose-leaf notebook, so you can add pages when you come back to a recipe
three months (or years) later? Index cards, ditto? Bound books so you
can keep track of the order in which you worked? Something I haven't
thought of? (I can't take the computer into the kitchen, so that won't
work for preliminary notes, though I may well keep some information on
it.) Do you at some point separate the final version from the
experiments? Do you keep a list of "Sounded good but didn't work" ideas?
Eventually, I'm going to start playing with food, and want to be sure I
do keep track of what I do.

Anne of the Bright Questions